Student Devices & Responsibilities
Appropriate use includes but is not limited to the following guidelines or examples. The District reserves the right to create, modify and interpret the guidelines.
- Protect your logon information from others. Do not use other users’ passwords or share your password with others.
- Use of the District’s electronic network and devices shall only be for educational purposes. Do not use the electronic network or devices for personal, entertainment, commercial or any other non-curricular purposes.
- Respect District property and be responsible in the use of the equipment while it is in your care.
- Comply with copyright laws at all times.
- Do not “hack” the District’s network or access confidential information or files.
- Do not destroy, modify or abuse the hardware or software in any way. (Example: Intentional breakage of the device or accessories, changing settings, removing labels, barcodes, or other identifying information.)
- Do not delete or add software to District equipment or engage in practices that may threaten the network such as accessing files that may contain viruses.
- Do not attempt to bypass the District’s internet content filter.
- Do not use District technology for illegal or inappropriate purposes.
- Do not use the internet to access inappropriate or obscene material.
- Do not reveal personal information about yourself or others.
- Be ethical and courteous and use appropriate language.
- District technology may not be used to interfere or disrupt other users, services or equipment.
- Do not use District technology for commercial or non-curricular activity.
- Do not engage in “cyberbullying.” Cyberbullying will not be tolerated.
The failure of any student to follow the terms of the Acceptable Use Procedures/Guidelines for Students will result in the loss of privileges, disciplinary action, and/or appropriate legal action.