2023-2028 Strategic Plan
2023-2024 Strategic Plan: Goals and Action Steps
Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment
Ensure that instruction, assessment and reporting of learning standards is consistent across all grade levels.
- Ensure that all common summative assessments are aligned to priority standards that have been identified and updated for all content areas and grade levels.
- Review existing research on the reporting of learning and match best practices based on the grade level.
Implement research-based instructional strategies that promote student engagement and give equitable access to a rich and representative curriculum.
- Ensure all staff is trained in engagement strategies.
- Conduct curriculum audits on all proposed adoptions.
Implement practices and programs that address the social and emotional needs of students.
- Survey all students to determine the level of emotional support needed.
- Review existing SEL program and alternatives to find the best one available to meet this need.
Ensure an inclusive, safe environment that offers opportunities for student growth.
- Work to inject diversity awareness in all facets of student and staff life.
- Find ways to incorporate Deep Equity work with the full staff.
Build a fiscal model that is responsible and maintains sufficient fund balances to ensure fiscal stability.
- Develop a 5-year projection utilizing new revenue gained through the November, 2022 referendum.
- Establish targets for fund balance growth over the next 5 years and implementing budgeting to meet those targets.
Plan fiscal measures to ensure adequate levels of staff compensation/benefits in a competitive market.
- Complete market analysis to develop comparables for south suburban school districts.
- Identify creative forms of compensation to attract and retain employees.
Create new spaces that address the educational needs of students in a safe environment.
- Conduct enrollment projections for students in grades Pre-K through 8 for the next 10 years.
- Conduct a safety audit to identify a list of needs in this area.
Prioritize and address the needs of aging facilities.
- Develop a master plan of all annual maintenance needs for the next 5 years.
- Utilize architects to review facilities and establish priorities.
Increase recruitment and retention by ensuring a positive and supportive climate and culture.
- Survey staff on their views regarding climate and culture.
- Research strategies to improve climate and culture and implement at least 1 per year.
Implement various strategies to recruit and retain a staff that is reflective of our community.
- Identify diversity gaps in our organization by creating a document that shows multiple diversity and inclusion measures of our current staff in comparison with desired outcomes and current applicant pool.
- Research strategies shown to be effective in the recruitment of minority candidates and implement at least one.
Focus on strategies to ensure equity and accessibility of information.
- Survey families regarding their views on communications from the schools/district.
- Implement streamlined communications where similar messages from each building occur in one place.
Increase involvement of all families in school activities.
- Assemble a list of all programs currently in place and for which family engagement is desired.
- Implement one new engagement strategy per year for the next 5 years.
Many thanks for the contributions and support from the participants of the Strategic Long Range Planning Committee: