» About Us
Welcome to District 153!
All children will learn; all children will be served.
We believe that …
- Change is a constant in society: therefore, schools must anticipate and embrace change.
- Students must learn through real life situations to be prepared to successfully live in a world that we cannot predict.
- The school and home should work together with one primary purpose: to create life-long learners.
- Expectations help set the level of student achievement.
- Learning should be intellectually challenging for both staff and students.
- Students must take a responsible, active role in their own learning process.
- The school should provide all students with the opportunities, tools, challenges, and motivation to achieve their potential.
- A safe environment must be provided which will foster responsibility and respect.
- Positive character traits of honesty, responsibility, dependability, loyalty, and integrity should be taught and reinforced by the home and the school in partnership.
- An environment must be provided where intellectual risk taking is valued and mistakes are looked upon as opportunities for personal growth.
- Diversity of beliefs, intellectual abilities, style, ethnic background, individual needs, and culture is to be encouraged, respected, developed, shared, and celebrated.
- Family and community involvement and interaction are essential for the success of children and schools.
- The schools must effectively use taxpayer’s funds and build mutual trust in providing a valued educational asset to the community.