Beginning Sept. 3rd, registrations will be taken in the District Administrative Center, Door R.
We are pleased to announce that District 153 has moved to an Online Registration system (OLR). Please read the following information carefully to ensure that your registration process is as smooth as possible.
REGISTERING A STUDENT WHO IS NEW TO DISTRICT 153
New Student Registration: Process and Required Documents
All new families should click the link below to be taken into the online registration process. We strongly encourage all new families to sign up for a parent portal account as it is the best way to make sure you are up to date on all things District 153. There will be more information coming later this month regarding parent portal procedures and how to get an account.
Required documents for students NEW to District 153, including all kindergartners
- If you rent, current lease, showing the date of expiration and the name and phone number of your landlord.
- If you own, current mortgage statement.
- If you live with a resident, please call 708-799-8721 for additional information. The resident you live with must provide the residency documents (detailed on this page) and complete a specialized, notarized questionnaire. Parent/Guardian must provide a driver’s license and a current mailing in their name at the current address. For example, paycheck stub (with name and address), a current bank statement, a charge card statement, or cell phone bill. This must be completed every year.
The following must also be provided for all students NEW to the district:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Current I.E.P. or 504 Plan or Other Special Service Documents, if applicable.
- Illinois State Transfer Form
- Evidence of a physical exam from a Physician practicing in the State of Illinois and an immunization record regardless of their grade level prior to enrollment.
- If there are any custody restrictions, please submit a copy of the court order and/or divorce decree to the school.
REGISTERING A RETURNING STUDENT
Returning Student Registration: Process and Required Documents
To access online registration within your parent portal account, please follow these steps:
1. Login to your parent portal account
2. Click on top left menu to access the drop-down menu
3. At bottom of the drop-down menu, select More
4. On the next tab, select Online Registration
- If you rent, current lease showing the date of expiration and the name and phone number of the landlord. Each year a new lease must be provided.
- If you are living with a Homewood resident, please submit the completed live with form along with the necessary residency documents.
IF THE REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS ARE NOT COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY THE 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL, YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO START SCHOOL ON TIME.
- EC/Pre-K - Current physical/Immunization records (Returning EC/Pre-K students do not need a new physical exam).
- Kindergarten – Current physical/Immunization records, Eye Exam, Dental Exam
- 2nd Grade – Dental Exam
- 6th Grade – Physical, Dental Exam. All 6th graders must have received 3 Hepatitis B Immunizations before they can start 6th grade.
- 7th & 8th Grade – Sports Physical If Needed
|GRADE LEVEL||MANDATORY BOOKS & MATERIAL FEES||OPTIONAL SNACK DRINK (K-2)||PE UNIFORM|
|K-2||$225||$40 milk or juice||N/A|
|5-6||$250||N/A||$20 (6th-grade only)|
|7-8||$270||N/A||$20 (if needed)|
- Fees may be paid by check, money order, credit/debit, or in cash. Credit/debit card payments can be made online via your Parent Portal account, at the administrative office, or over the phone by calling 708-922-2419.
- SEPARATE CHECKS must be made payable to PTA and PMA.
- Payment must be made, or a fee waiver application must be on file in the District Office by the 1st day of school. Payment plans can be made by contacting Maria Harnisch at 708-647-2242.
Bus routes are planned during summer. If your child will attend a day care service (before or after school) that is within district boundaries, you must contact Mary Markert at the district office, 708-922-2411 as soon as arrangements have been decided.