We are pleased to announce that District 153 has moved to an Online Registration system (OLR). Please read the following information carefully to ensure that your registration process is as smooth as possible.
REGISTERING A STUDENT WHO IS NEW TO DISTRICT 153
New Student Registration: Process and Required Documents CLICK HERE
Required documents for families NEW to District 153
- If you rent, current lease, showing the date of expiration and the name and phone number of your landlord.
- If you own, current mortgage statement.
- If you live with a resident, please call registration at 708-647-2310 for additional information. The resident you live with must provide the residency documents (detailed on this page) and complete a specialized, notarized questionnaire. Parent/Guardian must provide a driver’s license and a current mailing in their name at the current address. For example, paycheck stub (with name and address), a current bank statement, a charge card statement, or cell phone bill. This must be completed every year.
The following must also be provided for all students NEW to the district:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Current I.E.P. or 504 Plan or Other Special Service Documents, if applicable.
- Illinois State Transfer Form
- Evidence of a physical exam from a Physician practicing in the State of Illinois and an immunization record regardless of their grade level prior to enrollment.
- If there are any custody restrictions, please submit a copy of the court order and/or divorce decree to the school.
REGISTRATION FOR CURRENT DISTRICT 153 STUDENTS/FAMILIES
Returning Student Registration: Process and Required Documents CLICK HERE
To access online registration within your parent portal account, please follow these steps:
- Login to your parent portal account
- Click on top left menu to access the drop-down menu
- At bottom of the drop-down menu, select MORE
- On the next tab, select ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Register the older student(s) first
- Then select "add new student" within in the same online registration.
- If you rent, current lease showing the date of expiration and the name and phone number of the landlord. Each year a new lease must be provided.
- If you are living with a Homewood resident, please submit the completed live with form along with the necessary residency documents.
- If you own your home and reside at the same residence that you registered under for the 2020-2021 school year, there is no need for you to prove residency or upload residency documents.
- If you have a change of address, please be sure to upload your new lease if you rent, or mortgage statement and current utility bill if you own.
- Complete this form.
- If you need help accessing your account or resetting your password for your existing parent portal account, please email email@example.com or call 708-799-8721, ext. 2403
HEALTH-RELATED REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Required Medical Exams and Forms CLICK HERE
IF THE PHYSICAL EXAM AND UPDATED IMMUNIZATION RECORDS ARE NOT COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY THE 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL, YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO START SCHOOL ON TIME.
For required health forms and more information, visit the District 153 Health Services page.
*Starting with the 2021-2022 school year, 8th-grade students will own their device upon graduation.
- Fees may be paid by check, money order, credit/debit, or in cash. Credit/debit card payments can be made online via your Parent Portal account, at the administrative office, or over the phone by calling 708-647-2242 .
- Payment must be made, or a fee waiver application must be on file in the District Office by the 1st day of school. Payment plans can be made by contacting Maria Harnisch at 708-647-2242.
Bus routes are planned during summer. If your child will attend a day care service (before or after school) that is within district boundaries, you must contact Mary Markert at the district office, 708-922-2411 as soon as arrangements have been decided.