About Posting to the Virtual Backpack
Criteria for Approval
- Organization s must be not-for-profit. Organizations may be asked to provide a copy of their 501(c)(3) or IL-492-3456 letters.
- Organizations must be located within District 153 boundaries or in neighboring towns.
- The activity or event to be publicized must be a fun or educational or otherwise beneficial for children and families.
- Distribution of information and materials for commercial organizations/enterprises will not be permitted.
- District 153 reserves the right to reject submissions that do not fit within these guidelines.
Process for Approval
- Submit flyer as a PDF document to the Office of the Superintendent ([email protected]) at least two weeks prior to the event. The requesting email must include a contact name, phone number and email address. Faxes will not be accepted.
- Organizations may be asked to provide a copy of their 501(c)(3) or IL-492-3456.
- Organizations will be notified by email of flyer approval or denial.
- Approved PDF flyers will be posted to the virtual backpage page on hsd153.org.
- PDF flyers will be removed after one month or after the event date has passed.
- District 153’s Virtual Backpack will link only to PDF files. Please do not ask for permission to be linked to your organization’s website.