Parent Technology Support
M-F 8am-3pm and 4pm-6pm
Frequently Ask Questions - FAQ
What is Clever?
- Clever offers single sign-on (SSO) which grants students and teachers access to all their learning applications with a single set of credentials through the Clever Portal. Once you click on the Clever icon on your desktop and login using the credentials provided above, you will have access to applications used at your school. The district will be adding applications as the year goes on. So, please be patient as the technology department works to get all school apps accessible through Clever.
How do I connect my student device to the internet at home?
- District computing devices are configured to allow connections to home and public Wi-Fi networks. The HSD153 Technology Department is unable to provide support for home networks. However, here are a few basic troubleshooting steps you can try before checking with your ISP or network hardware manufacturer’s website for support links.
- Restart your computer or mobile device.
- Try connecting to your home Wi-Fi network again.
- Ensure that you are entering the correct Wi-Fi password.
- Try connecting to another wireless network nearby or use a mobile hotspot.
What software or applications are on my student device?
- Student devices have limited software/applications installed on them. All student devices have Zoom, MS Teams, as well as curriculum-based applications. All of which are accessible through Clever.
Can I save files to my student device?
- No, all student files should be saved to their OneDrive Account.
Will my student device receive Windows or iOS updates?
- iPads will not receive iOS updates.
- Window devices will receive updates. If your device has a pending update, you will be notified when powering off the device. Please be sure to allow time for your device to complete the Windows update.
What if I do not have internet access at home?
- Free/Reduced Cost internet access is being provided to families in need through Comcast or AT&T. Please visit the websites below for more details.
Does my student need a Zoom Account?
- No, students will never join a Class Zoom using a Zoom account. Students will simply click the class link provided by their teacher to join the class.
How do I access Technical Support?
- If you have technical problems with your laptop or iPad, please enter a ticket into our Parent Tech Support Ticket System located at https://www.thinkhelpdesk.com/homewood153parenttech.
- All devices provided by HSD153 have an internet content filter installed.
- It is recommended that students restart their devices once a day.
Churchill / James Hart Resources