The James Hart Media Center is home to over 15,000 books. Students and staff may search our extensive collection through the online catalog which is available to them on any computer in the school.
The Media Center also offers more than 30 magazine titles with five years of back issues that students may checkout overnight.
Sixteen laptops are available in the Media Center to meet the students’ information technology needs. Students are encouraged to use these resources not only during the school day but before school as well.
Media Center Orientation
During the first few weeks of school, all seventh and eighth grade students participate in a media center orientation. The orientation is just one of many pieces of new information that students will have to assimilate. The highlights of the orientation are made available so they may be referred to throughout the school year.
- Students are allowed to have a maximum of three books checked out at one time.
- Most books may be checked out for two weeks and renewed for another two weeks.
- Fines do not accrue on weekends or on school holidays.
- Fines on overdue books are a nickel a day.
- Overnight books that are overdue accrue a fine of a dime a day.
- Magazines may be checked out overnight.
- Fines on magazines are a dime a day.
- A weekly reminder of fines or overdues is sent to the students’ Advisory teacher.
- Students with fines or overdues totaling $0.40 or more will lose their library privileges.
- At the end of each quarter, letters will be sent home notifying students’ parents of fines or overdues totaling more than $0.40.