At Millennium Middle School we provide our staff and students with the latest Instructional Technology as well as up to date software. Each PC is equipped with the latest Windows and Office products. The following is a list of a few technology products that staff and students have access to on a daily basis:
- Two state of the art computer labs w/ new HP computers
- SmartBoards installed in every classroom
- Minimum of 2 PCs in each classroom
- Mini Lab in Media Center
- Mini Lab in Reading Center
- Document camera
- Flip Video cameras
- Digital cameras
- Laptops, Tablet PCs, IPad w/ wireless capabilities
- Scanners, color printers, and copy machines throughout the building
- DVD / VHS players available for classroom use
As of January 1, 2009 each school district must incorporate Internet Safety into its curriculum. Here at Millennium School we educate our students to be Cyber Safe. We use Light Speed content filter software to safeguard our students. The following topics are addressed on Internet Safety throughout the school year:
- Safe and Responsible use of social networking websites, chat rooms, electronic mail, bulletin boards, instant messaging, and other means of communications on the Internet.
- Recognizing, avoiding, and reporting online threats.
- Risk of transmitting personal information on the Internet.
- Recognizing and avoiding online harassment and cyber-bullying.
- Reporting illegal activities and communications on the Internet.
- Copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music and videos.
Internet Safety Resources