Arrival and Dismissal Information
We at Millennium, like you, would like to see your children arrive to school and return home safely. Here are a few reminders that will assist in your child's safe travels to and from school.
- Are loaded and unloaded on Morgan Street on the east side of our building (PLEASE DON'T DROP YOUR CHILDREN OFF ON THE MORGAN SIDE OF THE BUILDING)
- Students may only ride on their assigned bus. Students should remain seated at all times on the bus.
- RESPECT is the CODE OF CONDUCT when riding the bus.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted on the bus.
- Our bus company is First Student and their number is 708-755-7068.
- Students may be dropped off on the un-striped asphalt apron on Aberdeen. The striped apron is reserved for emergency vehicles. The Homewood Police Department is enforcing parking restrictions at Millennium.
- If you must drop your children across the street, on Aberdeen, in front of the school: please insist that they cross in the crosswalk with the crossing guard.
- After school, please don't motion your children to cross in the middle of the street.
- For the safety of both pedestrians and motorists, please insist that all children and adults cross with the crossing guard.
- It is imperative that you don’t double and triple park in front of our building.
- Bicycles should be driven on the right-hand edge of the road. All traffic lights and stop signs should be obeyed. "No U-turns" is meant for bicyclists, too. Remember that pedestrians have the right-of-way.
- Bicycles should be walked across curbs, through busy intersections or when making left hand turns on busy streets. You must walk your bicycles on school property.
- Lock the rear wheel frame to the bike rack in front of the building.
- Students should go home immediately and not congregate after crossing Aberdeen.
- Do not ride on our neighbor’s lawns or landscaping.
- You should carry identification and walk with a friend.
- Do not talk to strangers. If approached by a stranger, immediately report the incident to a teacher or parent.
- Do not walk in the street; stay on the sidewalk.
- Cross the street where there is a crossing guard or a marked sidewalk.
- You should obey the crossing guard.
- Do not walk or ride your bike on our neighbor's lawns or landscaping.